Friday, December 3, 2010

Give free Restaurant.com gift certificates!

Restaurant.com is a great site where you can buy gift certificates to your favorite local places -- or anywhere you want -- for a fraction of the price. Some $25 gift certificates can go on sale for as little as $2. Some restrictions often apply: For instance, usually your check has to be double the amount of the gift certificate. But it's an excellent savings!

Bonus: I found this out recently when I discovered that longtime Cocoa Beach landmark restaurant The Surf (former Bernard's Surf) closed suddenly. In my wallet was a $25 gift certificate I had gotten for free using Swagbucks that I was saving for our wedding anniversary in January. I was so bummed, but then I contacted Restaurant.com and told them the eatery was closed, and they cheerfully gave me my $25 credit back to get a new GC for a different place! (I'll probably use it for Bacco Wine Cafe.)

Feed it Forward: This promotion by Restaurant.com lasts through December 31. Every day you can give up to 40 $10 gift certificates away to anyone you like (as long as you haven't already given them one). To make it easier, they let you log into your Facebook account to send them to all your friends! It's totally free and a great way to spread some holiday joy. I've received two so far and will spend them at Amore (thanks Freya!) and Himalaya Bistro (thanks Erin!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice to each other. Posts including spam or referral links will be deleted.